classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Projection problem

BarryG
Hi,

I would like to renew the question of this thread  since I could'nt find an answer for this as well.
I would like to change the projection of my NDS which I created with the nice little tool of Eva Peters. I work with ArcGIS 10.1 and tried it with the tool Data Management --> Projections and Transformations --> Project Feature.
The tool works fine for other Feature Datasets, so I'm a little lost here since the error message is also pretty weird: "The spatial references do not match".   How can they match? I let the software create a new Feature Dataset (default setting) which then should have the right projection.
What am I missing here?
Thanks for any help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Projection problem

peterseva
Hi,

I have forwarded your question to a person who has already experiences with projecting network datasets. I hope, she will answer soon.

Best wishes,
Eva
Reply | Threaded
|

BarryG
Hi,

thanks a lot!
I tried it with NDS that were built with the ArcGIS Network Analyst Extension and it's working just fine. Weirdly so I'm just getting the error when reprojecting NDS that were built with osm2nds.

Best regards

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Osm2nds] Projection problem

Sowa
If you want to project a network dataset with referenced data you have to
delete the network dataset in the geodatabase first. Afterwards you can use
the tool from the ArcToolbox  "Data Management Tools" > Projections and
Transformations > Feature > Batch Project. To finish you have to rebuild the
Network Dataset manually.
--> !!Take care that you assume all the settings!! --> Make a backup copy
first or take screenshots of every tab of the setting menu of the network
dataset before deleting it.

Unfortunately this a little bit time cosuming, but it worked out well. I
hope I could help you and if you have any further questions do not hesitate
to contact me.

--
View this message in context: http://osm2nds.forum.52north.org/Projection-problem-tp4639466p4639482.html
Sent from the 52°North - OSM2NDS Forum. mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sowa
In reply to this post by BarryG
Try this:
If you want to project a network dataset with referenced data you have to delete the network dataset in the geodatabase first. Afterwards you can use the tool from the ArcToolbox  "Data Management Tools" > Projections and Transformations > Feature > Batch Project. To finish you have to rebuild the Network Dataset manually.
--> !!Take care that you assume all the settings!! --> Make a backup copy first or take screenshots of every tab of the setting menu of the network dataset before deleting it.

Unfortunately this a little bit time cosuming, but it worked out well. I hope I could help you and if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

JoyStraley
In reply to this post by BarryG
Thank you for this forum it was the only one that addressed how to re-project  a network data-set. We are currently running this process to see if it works. Our scenario for needing this fix is such. Our school district is currently in the process of switching over to a new school bus routing system.In fact today is the first day of training for the routers to learn the web-based service Compass. Our dilemma is that the network data-set we built was created in State Plane as that is the most appropriate projection for the scope of our routing area. However our network which was loaded into Compass and transformed to GCS_WGS_1984_Major Auxiliary Sphere. The problem now is our bus stops are now locating in Poland. Compass does not have projection transformation capability. So our only choice is to transform our network dataset within ArcMap and reload in back into Compass.
Keep you posted
Joy  
Reply | Threaded
|

peterseva
Hi Joy,

this sounds really interesting! Please keep us posted.

Best wishes
Eva