classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error Message: "Copyright"? ".osm could not be unmarshalled"

dgermVT
This post was updated on .
Hello! I am trying to get this tool to work and am coming across the error I included below. My lack of skills in java scripting is preventing me from debugging it on my own so I am turning to the forum. This error is received on two computers, one is windows 7 64 bit and the other is XP. Does anyone have any insight into what is causing this error or point out more information that I need to provide for a decent diagnosis?

Thank you for your time!

Reading the OSM file 'C:\Users\Dan\Working20130121\130121_142627_downloaded.osm'...
2013-01-21 14:33:07 ERROR: org.n52.osm2nds.reader.ReaderException: The reading process of the file 'C:\Users\Dan\Working20130121\130121_142627_downloaded.osm' failed:
        The file 'C:\Users\Dan\Working20130121\130121_142627_downloaded.osm' could not be unmarshalled. Maybe the file isn't valid.
        javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'copyright' is not allowed to appear in element 'osm'.] ReaderException: Therefore the process is canceled.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Error Message: "Copyright"? ".osm could not be unmarshalled"

peterseva
Hello!

There is no need for debugging. The error message says that your OSM file is not valid. Where did you get your OSM file from? Could you please attach your OSM file? Maybe I should adapt the code, so osm2nds can also read your OSM file.

Best wishes,
Eva
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Error Message: "Copyright"? ".osm could not be unmarshalled"

dgermVT
Thank you so much for the quick response! I downloaded it from the openstreetmap.org home site. I also tried downloading it in QGIS by using the coordinate bounding box and both gave me the same error.

It was telling me my file was too large to upload, so I zipped it. It was still too large so I used .7z format. Please let me know if this is an issue.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Osm2nds] Error Message: "Copyright"? ".osm could not be unmarshalled"

dgermVT
Eva,

I did not want to mention this on the forum because I am unsure how
"kosher" (to use the euphemism) or a practice it was. I received an email
from a helpful member that mentioned I could delete the lines containing
the word "copyright" in the osm.xml using a text editor. I did and it gave
me the same message with "license" in place of "copyright". So I repeated